Thursday, July 30, 2009

ROAD TRIP

For a while, my friend Jessie and I have been talking about making a road trip to Utah. She’s from Park City and for us it’s been a while since we’ve been to Cedar City to visit Keith’s family and let the kids play with their cousins. Since our husbands are really not “road trip” kind of people, Jess and I decided to do it on our own. We’ve decided to take off after the tax season was over. We were a little worried about the proximity of my due date, but I figured if I didn’t go while 8 months pregnant, I’d have to wait until the baby was older. And who knows what would happen by then.

Jessie and I planned the trip and got our children excited about the upcoming adventure. Keith was having a panic attack about me travelling while pregnant but I assured him I was not going into labor in the middle of Idaho. My promise was not good enough, so he made me get permission from my OBGYN. I am lucky Dr. D. is so relaxed; he okayed the trip without hesitation.

Since neither of us have a minivan (and both of us had a couple of kids), Jess and I rented a van and took off at 4 am, hoping the kids would sleep at least until breakfast. Unfortunately, the kids were so excited they did not want to go back to bed.

We spent the first night at Jessie’s parents’ house, then drove to Cedar City the following day. All six of Keith’s siblings and his parents live there. Lena and Benjamin enjoyed spending time with their cousins and getting to know their aunts and uncles better. We had a great time, enjoying every day of our trip, even those spend in the van; kids thought it was party time, in the company of their friends, Ella and Jonas, movies, and various treats. Daddy was very happy to have us back and I didn’t even go into labor for another week. Who said I was cutting it close?

My sister-in-law Megan and I were due about 6 weeks apart. Now Demitri has a little cousin Isabella.
Riley became my kids favorite dog in no time. It's a good thing daddy has "allergies" or we would be looking for a puppy by now...


Poor Riley endured all sorts of love (torture) from my children

He didn't seem to mind

Benjamin Eric and his uncle Eric sported similar hairdo


Lena doing math and Benjamin watching Peter Pan - to each his own...

Uncle Matt let the kids drive in his truck. Lena now insists that she is a better driver than "those teenagers"

No comments: