Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dear All,

I am sorry for being so sloppy about updating the blog. Seems like life is happening so fast—I don’t have a spare second to slow down and take notes. There is just no way to start blogging about everything that happened since my last entry; nevertheless, here are some highlights of the last six month.

Obviously, the biggest event occurred on May 7, when our third child, Demitri Garrett Stein, was born. He was due on May 23, but apparently, he was ready to make his appearance a couple weeks early. May 7 was my mother’s birthday, so this birth date has special significance for me. Of course, Keith and I had a rough time coming up with a name for Dima. In the end, we named him after my mom’s favorite uncle and Keith’s younger brother, Garrett.

Dima has been a fun addition to the family. His is well mannered, laid back, and really happy-go-lucky. I was a little worried about the transition from two to three children but it has been very smooth for us because the older two children have been very helpful.

It has been enjoyable watching Lena and Benjamin develop a relationship with their little brother. While Lena is great at helping with the baby, Benjamin is there to entertain him. I think Dima smiles the most when Benjamin sings to him.

2 comments:

BluBabes said...

A cutie like his Mum!

Kimba said...

So cute, Ira! I've been waiting for an update! Congratulations! So glad it's going smoothly!! Gives me confidence. :)

Love that Lena was doing math!