Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Say "Ahhhh"

So, I decided it was time to introduce my children to one of my most time consuming and expensive "hobbies" - trips to the dentist. We started by playing "dentist" at home, the game that mainly consisted of me pocking their teeth with a toothpick and asking if that hurts... I figured that if Lena and Benj have any of my genes, chances are they will spend a lot of time in the dentist chair so I wanted to make sure they were prepared for that dramatic event in their young lives...

Well, the anticipated day finally arrived and we went to the new children's dental office in the North part of town. Everything started out ok - with a huge play structure in the waiting room and everything... However, when it came time to take Xrays (the least traumatic of all dental procedures), Benjamin refused to follow his sister into the chair. No amount of begging and promises of treats would help. So, after ten minutes of trying, the dental assistant gave up on him and suggested we move on to "exam" room. Lena was amazing, she opened up wide and let dentist examine her teeth and even clean them. Benjamin, however, was very suspicious of the whole process and would only let the dentist examine him from several feet away... Big sister came to the rescue by sharing the chair with him just so we can let the doctor pick into Benj's mouth...


No comments: